Arithmos XIII - Lagrange
- From: Saturday, May 8, 2004, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, May 9, at 12:30.
- Location: Western Connecticut State University
- Contact: Ed Sandifer,
- Readings: TBA
The Four Squares Theorem (every natural number is a sum of no more than
four perfect squares):
- Part 1
(Title page of Oeuvres vol. III, Table of contents,
- Part 2
(Title page of Oeuvres vol. VII, Table of contents,
excerpt in English translation.]
Resolution of Numerical Equations (Oeuvres, vol. II):
Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
(Oeuvres vol. III, pages 479-516).
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afternoon session begins
- Saturday, 6:30 pm, dinner
- Sunday, early, optional fun run
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:30, farewells and optional lunch
Last modified: April 26, 2004.
Rob Bradley /