I have a list of favorite sites, not including the sites linked to home page:
Of interest to computer scientists:
- National Science Foundation
- The Association of Computing Machinery, the nation's oldest professional society in Computer Science.
- The IEEE Computer Society - the other professional society
- CompTIA - Association of Information Technology Professionals merged with CompTIA. AITP remains the professional organization of the Information Systems community
This online comics series should be of interest to anyone considering graduate school:
- Piled Higher And Deeper - a humorous look at grad school and the academic life
Autism is a developmental disorder that varies in severity and has become increasingly common. While there is no cure, there are therapies that can help enormously in leading an autistic child to a more normal life. The following sites provide information on autism as well as some leads to finding services in the Long Island area:
- Autism Speaks - An organization started by Bob and Suzanne Wright in 2005 to help find a cure for autism.
- Autism Research Institute - They provide mainly informational resources, but they are very good.
- Autism Society of America - an organization started by the parents of autistic children hat provides information and resources
- The Nassau-Suffolk Chapter of the Autism Society
- Kulanu - an organization within the Orthodox Jewish community of Long Island that makes an enormous difference in the lives of children with physical and developmental disabilities.
- QSAC - Quality Services for Autism Community, which provides services for autistic children, in New York City and Long Island
Being something of a news junkie, here a few with up to date information worth reading:
- ny1.com, a local Cable station specializing in New York City.
- Newsday, the Newspaper of Long Island
- WCBS-AM NewsRadio 880
- The Jerusalem Post - The most objective source of news on the Middle East
- Cable News Network
Being a Mets fan and Jets fan, I have to have these links:
I check out these pages from time to time:
- HBO's Web Page - I'm a regular viewer.
- The Official Star Trek Page - I've been a fan for more years than I will admit to in public.
See how our democratic system works:
- The White House Web Site - Once again there is quality information here, with a responsible adult in charge.
- Rep. Kathleen Rice, my representative in the House
- Our Senators, of whom I'm proud, whether the Right likes it or not:
- The Library of Congress Web Site
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- The New York State Legislature:
- New York State Senate
- Todd Kaminsky - my State Senator
- New York State Assembly
- Our County Executive Laura Curran - who is trying to undo the corruption and financial disastrous work of Ed Mangano
- The Nassau County Legislature
- Debra Mulé - My County Legislator
These may be of common interest for a variety of reasons:
- Jewish Student Center of Garden City - A rabbi who listens and who is available for students - and student-planned activities
- www.nycsubway.org, an unofficial Web Site that has lots of stuff the MTA has no interest in showing the public.
- The MTA's Official Web Site
- www.dhimmi.org - A page devoted to Islamic Tolerance
[Back to the Top]