Arithmos V - Advances in Analysis
- From: Saturday, June 29, 2002, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, June 30, 2002, 12:00 noon.
- Location: Western Connceticut State University
- Contact: Ed Sandifer,
- Reading List: Our readings are from Calinger's
Classics of Mathematics
d'Alembert, "Differential", from the Encyclopedia,
reading 84, p.482
d'Alembert/de la Chapelle,
"Limit", from the
Euler, from Introductio ad Analysin Infinitorum,
reading 85, p. 490
Lagrange, from "Attempt at a new method for determining the
maxima and minima of indefinite integral formulas" (Calculus
of Variations), reading 86, p. 499
Lagrange (Kline), Taylor's theorem with remainder, reading 87, p. 502.
Laplace, from Philosophical essay on probability, reading 91,
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afteroon session begins
- Saturday, 6:30 pm, dinner
- Sunday, early, optional fun run.
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:00 noon, lunch and farewells
Last modified: March 4, 2002.
Rob Bradley /