Arithmos XXXXIVIII - Peano's Principles of Arithmetic
- From: Saturday, June 7, 2014, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, June 8, 12:30.
- Location: Danbury, CT
Western Connecticut State University
Higgins Hall, room 206
- Contact: Chuck Rocca,
- We will read "The Principles of Arithmetic, Presented by a new Method"
(1889) by Giuseppe Peano. We will follow the version on pp. 83-97 of
Van Heijenoort's A Source Book in Mathematical Logic 1879-1931.
- Time permitting, we will also read "On the Foundations of Analysis"
(1910), which can be found on pp. 219-226 of
Selected Works of Giuseppe Peano, by Hubert D. Kennedy (1973).
This book also has a different translation of "The Principles of Arithmetic"
on pp. 101-134.
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afternoon session begins
- Saturday, 6:30 pm, optional dinner
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:30, farewells and optional lunch
Last modified: March 19, 2014.
Rob Bradley /