Arithmos XXVII - Non-Western Mathematics: Readings from Katz'
- From: Saturday, January 26, 2008, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, January 27, 12:30.
- Location: Danbury, CT
Western Connecticut State University
- Contact: Ed Sandifer,
Selections from Part 4 (``Mathematics in India,'' by Kim Plofker) of
Katz' The Mathematics of Egypt, Mesopotamia, China, India, and Islam: A
These can be retrieved from
4.I - Introduction
4.II - Mathematical Texts in Ancient India
4.IV.a-b - Madhava, Infinite series and the role of demonstrations
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afternoon session begins
- Saturday, 6:30 pm, optional dinner
- Sunday, early, optional fun run
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:30, farewells and optional lunch
Last modified: January 15, 2008.
Rob Bradley /