Arithmos LXVIIII - Euler's Continued Fractions E71
- From: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 2:00 pm
- To: Saturday, November 14, 2020, about 4:00 pm
- Location: On Zoom
- Contact: Rob Bradley,
- We will read E71, Euler's paper "De fractionibus continuis dissertatio."
The orginal Latin paper, as well as a German translation, can be found on the Euler Archive.
There is an English Translation in the journal Mathematical Systems Theory, 18(1985) 295-328. If you don't have access to it, email Rob Bradley or Fred Rickey to get a pdf.
- Fred also recommends reading Rosanna Cretney,
``The origins of Euler's early work on continued fractions,''
Volume 41, Issue 2, May 2014, Pages 139-156.
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, meeting begins on Zoom.
Last modified: November 4, 2020.
Rob Bradley /