Arithmos LVIII - Newton's Method of Fluxions: Fluents
- From: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, March 4, 12:30.
- Location: Danbury, CT
Western Connecticut State University
- Contact: Chuck Rocca,
- We continued reading Newton's The Method of Fluxions and Infinite Series in the 1736 English translation by John Colson.
It's widely available on the internet, e.g.
We read about the inverse method of fluxions. These selections:
- Problem II, paragraphs 1-38 and 56-61
- Problem VII
- Problem VIII, paragraphs 1-7 and 15-18
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afternoon session begins
- Saturday, 6:00 pm, optional dinner
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:30, farewells and optional lunch
Last modified: October 30, 2017.
Rob Bradley /