Arithmos LVI - Newton's Method of Fluxions
- From: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, June 25, 12:30.
- Location: Danbury, CT
Western Connecticut State University
Higgins Hall 206
- Contact: Chuck Rocca,
- We began reading Newton's The Method of Fluxions and Infinite Series in the 1736 English translation by John Colson.
It's widely available on the internet, e.g.
This is what we read:
- Introduction through Article 31 (p. 1-11, in Coulson's pagination)
- Transition to the Method of Fluxions (p. 19-20)
- Problem I (p. 21-22)
- Problem III (p. 44-46)
- Problem IV through Article 12 (p. 46-49).
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afternoon session begins
- Saturday, 6:30 pm, optional dinner
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 12:30, farewells and optional lunch
Last modified: April 19, 2017.
Rob Bradley /