Arithmos III - Roots of Integral Calculus
- From: Saturday, October 20, 2001, 2:00 pm
- To: Sunday, October 21, 2001, 1:00 pm.
- Location: Hillsdale, NY
- Contact: Rob Bradley,
- Reading List: Our readings are from Ron Calinger's book
Classics of Mathematics.
Kepler, from Nova Stereometria doliorum vinariorum,
Calinger, reading 67, pp. 356-360.
Fermat, from "On the Transformation and Simplification of the
Equations of Loci," Calinger, reading 69, pp. 374-376.
Newton, from a letter to Henry Oldenburg on a General Method for
Finding Quadratures, Calinger, reading 76, pp. 401-405.
- Saturday, 12:00, optional lunch for early arrivers
- Saturday, 2:00 pm, afteroon session begins
- Saturday, 5:30 pm, dinner
- Saturday, 8:30 pm, evening fun session
- Sunday, early, optional fun run.
- Sunday, 9:00 am, morning session begins
- Sunday, 1:00 pm, lunch and farewells
- Photo: Sunday morning
Charles Rocca, Glen van Brummelen, Andy Perry, Rob Bradley
(l to r). Photo by Ed Sandifer.
Last modified: November 7, 2001.
Rob Bradley /